September 20 Individual photo’s
September 27 Terry Fox Run (afternoon)
September 30 Pro D (classes not in session)
October 1 Orange Shirt Day
October 2 Early Dismissal at 1:27 pm
October 11 Harvest Day
October 11 Spirit Wear Orders are due
October 14 Thanksgiving Holiday
October 23 Interim Reports go home this week
October 25 Pro D (classes not in session)
October 31 Halloween Parade 9:15 am
October 31 Halloween Dance for primary students 10:45 – 11:30 am
As a school community we are promoting litterless lunches. A litterless lunch creates no waste. We suggest children use reusable containers or possibly no containers at all to store and transport food. Our goal is to reduce waste production and help reduce our impact on the Earth. By taking a litterless lunch, you produce 89% less waste when you avoid single-use, disposable containers and bags.
For those students who do not want to take containers outside at recess while they eat their snacks, teachers will allow students to eat snacks before or after recess.
Students will be bringing all plastic waste and packaging from their lunches back home (granola wrappers, plastic baggies). We will continue to collect organics. If you have any questions please contact Ms. Chohan.
Sick Simon: Showing Learning with Loose Parts
This week in the Learning Commons students have been learning about how germs are spread. We shared electron microscope images of germs, sang a ‘Nose’ song, and read Sick Simon by Dan Krall. Students showed their learning by creating images of faces with loose parts.
Click on this link to see the learning highlights.
We are excited to announce that the Pacific Heights Spirit Wear Sale officially launches today! Your child(ren) will be coming home with an order form (a copy of which is also attached to this message in case you don’t receive a hard copy). Simply fill out the form, and include your child’s name and division number, and send the form back to school along with payment (or a note that an e-transfer payment is being made to firstname.lastname@example.org) and your order will be placed.
Orders (and payments) are due by Friday, October 11
This is such a fun way to show your school spirit — and helps raise funds that will be invested back in school sports/recreation programs (we are planning to buy new jerseys with our awesome new logo).
We will have samples in various sizes available to try on tonight at Meet the Teacher Night from 6-7pm — come on by and meet the PAC Executive and check out the sizes and styles for our Spirit Wear! We look forward to seeing you!
If you have any questions, please contact Hayley: email@example.com.
We do have a Cross Country team this year! Practises are Friday mornings at 8 am and Wednesday’s after school.
The meets are at Crescent Park on Tuesdays. There will be more information coming home to parents this week. If you have any questions, please contact Ms. Banbury and Ms. Panda at the school.
PAC WEBSITE REGISTRATION
All new and returning families must register/re-register onto the PAC website to receive information and correspondence for the 2019/20 school year.
This is our primary method of communicating with you, so it is important that you register/re-register to be kept apprised of all PAC events and initiatives. Here, you will be able to view PAC documents and newsletters, place hot lunch orders for your child/ren, place and read free classified ads from other parents, and view our on-line event calendar. This is also the only way your child/ren’s Class Parents will be able to contact you regarding special events and initiatives specific to your child/ren’s classes.
Remember: registering on the PAC website does not mean you must order hot lunches; hot lunches are completely optional.
Please follow the instructions below to register/re-register.
1. Log on to the PAC website at https://pacific.hotlunches.net
· Click on “click here to register” (under login info request)
· Enter school access code. For 2019/20 the access code is pacific
· Fill in your information (multiple email addresses can be added, including parents, grandparents, daycare providers, etc. Choose a user ID and password you will remember.)
· Click on “register now”
2. Register your child/ren
· Go to “student” tab at the bottom right and click on “add new”
· Enter your child’s name and select the class they are in. Click “add new”
· Repeat this for any/all children attending the school.
3. How to Order Free Hot Dogs/Hot Lunch
· Go to the “orders” tab at the top and click on “student orders”
· Place your child’s order for Free Hot Dog and for the fall hot lunch session. Order only for the weeks you want and any items your child would like. Remember there is no obligation to order hot lunch every week.”
· Print the remittance form from the hot lunch order page.
· Submit the remittance form along with payment via cheque (made payable to “Pacific Heights Elementary School PAC”) to the front office. If you prefer to send an e-transfer, please send to firstname.lastname@example.org, using your HotLunches.net account user name as the password.
· New this year: we would prefer not to receive cash payments, as this is not a secure method of payment. In the event that cash payment is desired, we will be available after school on Thursday, September 26 at the front entrance of the school to accept cash payments in person. Please do not send cash payments in with your child/ren.
Free Hot Dog Day: On Friday, September 27, the PAC is pleased to sponsor a free hot dog lunch to all Pacific Heights students. The meal will include beef or veggie dogs, along with a bag of chips. Orders must be received no later than Friday, September 20.
Hot Lunches: The first fall hot lunch will be offered October 4, and the order/payment deadline for the fall session is Thursday, September 26.
If you have any questions or require any additional information regarding hot lunches, please email@example.com.
Please do not call the office with questions about hot lunches. This program is run by the PAC and we are not at the office to receive phone calls or answer questions.