Dear parents or guardians of Grade 6 and 7 students,
As you are aware, the district has engaged in the consultation process regarding the new boundaries and catchment area for the new Grandview Heights Secondary school, scheduled to open in September 2020.
In all four options that are in front of the Board, the proposals outline that all elementary students in our catchment will move to Grandview Heights when it opens in 2020. The only exception is those secondary students who have an older sibling in Grade 12 in 2020 at Earl Marriott will have the option of staying at EMS so that families do not have children in two secondary schools.
So, what does this mean for your child if you live in the Grandview Heights Secondary catchment?
- If your child is in Grade 6, they will enter EMS in 2019 and then move to the new Grandview Heights Secondary School in their Grade 9 year, in 2020.
- If you child is in Grade 7, they will enter EMS in 2018 and then move to the new Grandview Heights in their Grade 10 year in 2020.
We wanted to be certain that you were aware of the impact of the catchment change and that you have the opportunity for both you and your child to provide feedback and ask questions.
On our school website there is a copy of the Information Package previously provided, with options on how to give feedback or ask questions listed below.
Methods of Feedback
- PlaceSpeak survey or discussion (placespeak.com/sd36capitalplan – sign-in required)
- Question period at the Community Forums
- Paper feedback form, available:
- in the Information Package
- at South Surrey-White Rock schools
- at Community Forums
- Dedicated email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Traditional mail:
- Grandview Consultation
Attn: Superintendent’s Department
School District No. 36 (Surrey)
14033 92nd Ave., Surrey, B.C.