November 17, 2016
The Mannequin Challenge at Pacific Heights Elementary
The Mannequin challenge is a new online trend where people remain frozen like mannequins while a video is recorded (on an iPad, iPod, iPhone, etc). The hashtag #MannequinChallenge is used on social media sites such a Twitter and Instagram when the video is posted.
5 Easy Steps to Make a Mannequin Challenge Video
- Use a device (iPad, iPod, iphone, camera) to record a video.
- Gather a group of friends to participate in the video.
- Choose a theme for the challenge. For example, are you all eating a great meal? Maybe it’s a dance party? Or maybe you are all scared of a bug in the classroom?
- Get everyone frozen in a fun position and hold still.
- Hit record on your device.
Rules for the Pacific Heights Mannequin Challenge:
- The challenge is done in groups of 3 or more students.
- The challenge is done on student time (before and after school, at home). It is not done during class time unless the teacher approves.
- Students are not allowed to take devices outside during recess and lunch and therefore the challenge can not be recorded at recess and lunch. However, students can practice the scene during recess and lunch and then record the scene after school or before school.
- The scene depicted must be appropriate (absolutely no violence).
Where are the entries submitted?
- Students submit entries to Ms. Chohan during recess.
- Students bring device to Ms. Chohan and we transfer the video onto a school device.
What happens with each entry?
- All entries will be shared during a school assembly
- Only the entries with completed permission form (see below) will be posted on our school Instagram, Twitter, and blog site. Each student will go home with a permission form today.
My child _____________ has participated in the Mannequin Challenge and I consent for his/her video to be posted on the Pacific Heights Instagram, Twitter, and blog site.